Unhealthy employees cost more.
With the ever-rising high health care claims and increasingly high absenteeism rate among your employees, it is time to take actions before the ballooning health and wellness programs burden your company’s productivity and businesses.
If you are still on the fence about whether or not to adopt a corporate wellness programme, do consider the following 10 statistics:
- Across Asia, healthcare claims increase as high as 45% annually.
Averageannual cost of productivity loss per employee with chroniccondition is RM5.16 million.
- Absenteeism cost per employee is RM16,200 and there is a loss of 46 employees a day due to chronic diseases.
- 30% of the Malaysian population
- 17.7% of the Malaysian population
- Obese people are up to 80 times more likely to develop Type 2 diabetes.
- 17.5% of Malaysian adults have diabetes out of which 9.2% are not even aware that they have diabetes.
- 30.3% of Malaysian
- 47.7% of Malaysian adults have high cholesterol.
- 31% of male employees smoke.